And you’re surprised, why?
Posted by Greg on July 10, 2009
Musings from Sean, at Hiding in the Backwaters:
The White House on Obama’s promise to lift the ban on needle exchange programs:
We have not removed the ban in our budget proposal because we want to work with Congress and the American public to build support for this change.”
And from America Blog:
- The candidate promised to lift the ban.
- The White House Web site reaffirmed the president’s commitment to lifting the ban.
- The White House Web site no longer reaffirms his commitment to lifting the ban.
- The president now refuses to lift the ban.
- The president actually affirmatively makes things worse by administratively supporting defending the ban.
- The spokesman reiterates the president’s support for lifting the ban, some day, once Congress gets around to it.